Blogs to follow

Friday, October 23, 2015

Dating ideas and what is love?

I really enjoyed this past week of class because I am seriously dating someone, so it was interesting to see the different ideas of what love means to each and everyone one of us. Something that I thought was important to remember is that love isn't just a feeling that we have because feelings come and go. Love is much deeper than that. Love makes us want to change and we want to help the person that we love to progress and do all that we can to help them to receive their full potential.

Another thing that I liked that was mentioned about dating was about the talk by Elder Oaks where he talks about being paired off, planned and paid for. I think that these are three important elements in the dating process because they help to create a pattern in the lives of those you date. I also believe that if a couple can do these while they are dating that it will be more natural for them to do it when they are married someday because they have already developed this pattern in their life. It was interesting how dating is such an important aspect of life because it helps to prepare us for marriage and being able to have longer conversations with people. During this week it made me reevaluate myself and I began to think of different things that I can do to help strengthen my relationships with others. I think that something that I am going to try and work on is by letting men take the lead more in dating so that they can be more accountable of planning the dates because I think that will help them in the long run of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment