Blogs to follow

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fatherhood Involvement

This week was particularly interesting to be able to think about the importance of fatherhood involvement in children's lives. Many people in society try to put down father's by degrading them and making them seem of little to none importance in society. In many different studies that have been done we are able too see how father's are very valuable not only in society but likewise in the home. Fatherhood involvement can make a life changing impact in the lives of the children. I know that for me personally I have been very blessed to have been raised by a father who has been very involved in my life. He made me a priority in his life, which has made me feel his love for me more as his daughter. I think that throughout the years his involvement in my life has helped me to have greater respect for my father because I know that he genuinely care about him. 

There is a talk that was given by Elder Perry, which I have really appreciated that shows how in society many are trying to make fatherhood not seem like an important part of society. 



It is amazing to see how society wants to get rid of the importance of father's. I am grateful for my father and all of the different events that he attended in my behalf to support me. I think that is something that I will always be grateful that he did for me. It is interesting to see how families who have both the wife and the husband working tend to have less money than they would if they would have had just the father working. This occurs because they feel that they can afford things more easily because they have two incomes, which is not always the case. I think this is something important to consider because we can really put ourselves into a bind even if we aren't careful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment